About this A Level Economics Course
Throughout this Economics A Level course you will study a number of units designed to examine the various economic markets in the UK and around the globe. With a number of economic principles explained, students of this course will begin to understand the labour market as well as various business behaviours that impact economic growth. Once completed, this course can help to secure jobs in an economics based role as well as facilitate progression on to further study at university.
|Study Time:||200 hours|
|Enrolment length:||24 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
To get the full Edexcel Economics A Level, students must enter themselves as a private candidate for the exam.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
On this A Level Economics course you are required to enter yourself for the Edexcel examinations. This means that you will need to contact an Edexcel centre local to you in order to sit your exam and pay any fees that are required for this. Exam fees can vary between centres but are much cheaper when organised early so we advise to book your exams long before the actual examination date.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
Included in this A Level Economics course are the following units:
Theme 1: Introduction to markets and market failure
This theme focuses on microeconomic concepts. Students will develop an understanding of:
- nature of economics
- how markets work
- market failure
- government intervention
Theme 2: The UK economy – performance and policies
This theme focuses on macroeconomic concepts. Students will develop an understanding of:
- measures of economic performance
- aggregate demand
- aggregate supply
- national income
- economic growth
- macroeconomic objectives and policy
Theme 3: Business behaviour and the labour market
This theme develops the microeconomic concepts introduced in Theme 1 and focuses on business economics. Students will develop an understanding of:
- business growth
- business objectives
- revenues, costs and profits
- market structures
- labour market
- government intervention
Theme 4: A global perspective
This theme develops the macroeconomic concepts introduced in Theme 2 and applies these concepts in a global context. Students will develop an understanding of:
- international economics
- poverty and inequality
- emerging and developing economies
- the financial sector
- role of the state in the macroeconomy
The Edexcel A Level Economics qualification is available both in the UK and internationally and is seen as a global standard for knowledge in business. The course is accredited with Edexcel, an industry leader with decades of expertise in academic qualifications.
For more information regarding Edexcel, click on the Edexcel tab further up this page.