About this Course
This course is designed for people who wish to begin a career working in beauty therapy but have limited experience in the sector. The course teaches the skills and knowledge required to work as a beauty therapist in a salon and assesses your understanding of the general running of a beauty salon and ability to work closely with clients.
|Study Time:||100 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
Upon completion of this course students receive an ABC Awards certificate and an OLC certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To complete this Beauty Therapy Level 2 course you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are seven assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 7 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
This course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: Health and Safety
- Understand health and safety requirements and legislation that is in place
- Follow appropriate steps to minimise risk
- Maintain equipment safely and take necessary steps to ensure the safety of your clients
- Understand the sterilisation procedures needed when working as a beauty therapist
Unit 2: Reception Duties
- Acknowledge the duties that are required when working on a salon reception and when certain tasks should be carried out
- Understand the need for quality customer service when working on a reception area
- Describe how to maintain stock levels and check the different products that are available
- Understand how to deal with different customers so that you are able to provide a great level of hospitality
- Book in appointments and process payments
Unit 3: Skin Care Treatments
- Understand the anatomy of the skin
- Appreciate the different jobs which the skin carries out and how this helps to regulate the body
- Be able to identify certain skin diseases and inflictions that are most common
- Understand client consultations and why these are required
- Carry out a cleansing procedure on the skin
Unit 4: Manicures and Pedicures
- Understand the growth of the nail and different conditions that can affect nails
- Identify different treatable and untreatable conditions
- Understand what is meant by nail enhancements
- Describe key aspects of manicures and pedicures
- Understand how to perform manicures and pedicures
- Identify correct procedures when performing manicures and pedicures
- Understand how to communicate with clients so that they feel valued
Unit 5: Eyelashes and Eyebrows
- Shape eyebrows into the desire effect for a client
- Tint eyebrows
- Tint eye lashes
- Apply false eyelashes in both strip and individual forms
Unit 6: Waxing Services
- Maintain health and safety methods at all times while using waxing techniques
- Carry out consultations with clients and prepare for waxing treatments
- Remove unwanted hair using waxing techniques
- Provide aftercare help and advice to clients following their treatments
Unit 7: Make-up Services
- Understand various types of make-up and the correct application of these
- Understand particular requirements of make-up that is used on the eyes and mouth
- Appreciate the use of body make-up and when this is required
- Briefly describe the use of make-up when working with brides and what they may require
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our courses- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!