About this Course
To gain the full CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges (QCF) you will need to pass all the assignments which are coursework based. There are no formal examinations on this course and the certification fee is included in the course fees. Full tutor support is also provided and your online tutor will guide you through lessons and online materials as well as answer any queries you may have on course content. Written by our expert tutors, the course gives an in-depth yet exciting look into childcare and what it means to be a Level 2 support worker within a school setting. Upon completion, having the CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges makes support workers much more employable in the education sector and gives the accreditation of CACHE, the learning awarding body in the care and education sectors.
For further information, go to: http://www.cache.org.uk. CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges qualification Code is 603/2478/8.
For the full qualification learners must achieve (as outlined by CACHE), learners need to complete 6 mandatory units.
|Study Time:||120 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
Upon completion of this qualification, students are awarded a CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
This is a knowledge only qualification. Experience in the real work environment is not required and the entire course is completed through distance learning. Please note that this is a knowledge only Level 2 qualification and does not require any practical assessments.
To pass this course learners must pass 5 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
Included in this CACHE Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges course are the following units:
Unit 1: Understand Schools and Colleges as Organisations
- Know the different types of schools and colleges in the education sector
- Understand the organisation of schools and colleges in terms of roles and responsibilities
- Understand how schools and colleges uphold their aims and values
- Know about the range and purpose of school and college policies and procedures
Unit 2: Understand Children and Young People’s Development
- Understand significant stages of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years of age
- Understand the kinds of influences that affect children and young people’s development
- Understand the potential effects of transitions on children and young people’s development
Unit 3: Understand Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Understand how to develop professional relationships with children and young people
- Understand how to communicate with children and young people
- Understand how to develop professional relationships with adults
Unit 4: Understand Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Know the legislative and policy framework for health and safety within a learning environment
- Recognise and understand how to manage risks to children and young people’s health, safety and security
- Know how to support children and young people in relation to risk management
Unit 5: Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Know about safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Understand action to take when children and young people are ill or injured, including emergency procedures
- Understand child protection procedures
- Know about current policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
Unit 6: Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Understand the importance of promoting equality and diversity in a learning environment
- Understand how to promote anti-discriminatory practice with children and young people
- Understand how to use inclusive practices in work with children and young people
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!