About this Course
The CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care is for anyone that is looking to get qualified to work in health and social care at a level 3 standard. By studying the course you will learn a lot about the requirements of those working in care and can go on to work with people of all ages who require help and assistance. This Health and Social Care level 3 course is perfect for anyone looking to gain a fully recognised course in the care sector and looking to work with people who require a wide range of assistance.
|Study Time:||180 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
Upon completion of this qualification, students are awarded a CACHE Level 3 award in health and social care and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees. This qualification is suitable for a range of different career paths in settings such as:
- Residential care homes
- Nursing homes
- Day centres
- Children’s centres
- Health centres
- Supported accommodation
- Respite care
- Residential schools
- Special schools
To gain the full CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care VRQ you will need to submit and pass all of the tutor marked assignments. There are 6 assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
There is no formal exam and the certification fee is included in the course fees.
For further information, go to: http://www.cache.org.uk. Qualification Code 601/6108/5
This course now earns students a number of UCAS points upon completion, depending on the grade achieved. The number of UCAS points earned are as follows:
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
This course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Understand equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Understand how to work in an inclusive way
- Understand legislation and codes of practice in relation to inclusive practice in health and social care settings
- Understand the role of the health and social care practitioner in relation to inclusive practice
Unit 2: Human growth and development
- Understand the key elements of development across human lifespan
- Understand theories of human growth and development
- Understand significant life events within each stage of human development
Unit 3: Safeguarding in health and social care
- Understand safeguarding
- Understand how to safeguard individuals in relation to legislation, policies and procedures
- Understand factors that may contribute to an individual being vulnerable to harm or abuse
- Know signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviours that may cause concern
- Understand the lines of reporting and responsibility in relation to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of individuals
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the health and social care practitioner in relation to safeguarding individuals
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!