About this Course
To gain the full CACHE Level 3 Award in Awareness of Dementia (QCF) you will need to pass all the assignments.
There are no formal examinations on this course and the certification fee is included in the course fees. Full tutor support is also provided and your online tutor will guide you through lessons and online materials as well as answer any queries you may have on the course content. Written by our expert tutors, the course is designed to develop the knowledge of working with people who suffer from dementia and teaches students how to work closely with those suffering from the illness.
For further information, go to: http://www.cache.org.uk. Qualification Code 600/3085/9
For the full qualification learners must achieve (as outlined by CACHE):
• Pass grades in 4 mandatory units
• Required minimum 86 guided learning hours
|Study Time:||86 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
Upon completion of this qualification, students are awarded a CACHE Level 3 certificate and an OLC Diploma. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and massaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
To pass this course learners must pass 5 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
Included in this course are the following units:
Unit 1: Understand the process and experience of dementia
- Understand the neurology of dementia
- Understand the impact of recognition and diagnosis of dementia
- Understand how dementia care must be underpinned by a person-centred approach
Unit 2: Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person centred approach
- Understand the common medications available to and appropriate for, individuals with dementia
- Understand how to provide person-centred care to individuals through the appropriate and effective use of medication
Unit 3: Understand the role of communication and interactions with individuals who have dementia
- Understand that individuals with dementia may communicate in different ways
- Understand the importance of positive interactions with individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors which can affect interactions and communication of individuals with dementia
Unit 4: Understand the diversity of individuals with dementia and the importance of inclusion
- Understand the concept of diversity and its relevance to working with individuals who have dementia
- Understand that each individual’s experience of dementia is unique
- Understand the importance of working in a person-centred way and how this links to inclusion
This is a knowledge only qualification. Experience in the real work environment is not required and the entire course is completed through distance learning. Please note that this is a knowledge only Level 3 qualification and does not require any practical assessments.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!