About this Course
This CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning course is designed to give the knowledge required to work in a school or college with children from 5 to 18 years of age. The course covers a variety of different areas such as development, the schooling system and working with individuals in various capacities. To gain the full CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning course (QCF) you will need to pass 4 assignments. There are no formal examinations on this course and the certification fee is included in the course fees. Full tutor support is also provided and your online tutor will guide you through lessons and online materials as well as answer any queries you may have on course content. Written by our expert tutors, the course gives an in-depth yet exciting look into supporting learning and what it means to be a Level 3 teaching assistant.
For further information, go to: http://www.cache.org.uk. Qualification Code 603/2495/8.
For the full qualification learners must achieve (as outlined by CACHE):
• Pass grades in 4 mandatory units
|Study Time:||120 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
Upon completion of this qualification, students are awarded a CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
The CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning is a knowledge only qualification. Experience in the real work environment is not required and the entire course is completed online. Please note that this is a knowledge only Level 3 qualification and does not require any practical assessments.
To pass this course learners must pass 4 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
Included in this CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning course are the following units:
Unit 1: Schools and Colleges as Organisations
- Learning Outcome 1 – Understand the structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- Learning Outcome 2 – Understand how schools and colleges are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- Learning Outcome 3 – Understand teamwork in schools and colleges
- Learning Outcome 4 – Understand educational ethos, mission, aims and values
- Learning Outcome 5 – Understand the purpose of policies and procedures in education
Unit 2: Support Health and Safety in a Learning Environment
- Learning Outcome 1 – Understand how to plan and provide environments that support children and young people’s health and safety
- Learning Outcome 2 – Understand how to recognise and manage risks to health, safety and security in a learning environment or during off-site visits
- Learning Outcome 3 – Understand how to support children and young people to assess and manage risk for themselves
- Learning Outcome 4 – Understand appropriate responses to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness in the learning environment and during off-site visits
- Learning Outcome 5 – Understand own role in assisting in the administration of medication
Unit 3: Understand how to Safeguard Children and Young People
- Learning Outcome 1 – Understand legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Learning Outcome 2 – Understand how to work in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Learning Outcome 3 – Understand the need to ensure children and young people’s safety and protection in the learning environment
- Learning Outcome 4 – Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Learning Outcome 5 – Understand how to work with children and young people to support their well-being
Unit 4: Understand How Children and Young People Develop
- Learning Outcome 1 – Understand the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth to nineteen years
- Learning Outcome 2 – Understand the factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- Learning Outcome 3 – Understand how to monitor children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!