About this Course
The CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges is the perfect course for existing level 3 practitioners to progress in their career. This teaching assistant course is highly recognised and comes with CACHE certification which is instantly recognisable as a mark of quality in education. Throughout the course students will encounter a number of written and practical tasks to complete which are navigated with the help of a supportive and knowledgable tutor. To gain the CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges, students have to complete all of the assignments and there are no formal exams as everything is assessed either through practical methods or coursework.
For further information, go to: http://www.cache.org.uk. Qualification Code 603/2474/0.
|Study Time:||205 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||Learners must be at least 18 years old and employed in a suitable role within a school or college. Previous Level 3 study is a clear advantage but wealth of experience, knowledge and understanding working in schools or colleges is a requirement for this qualification.|
Upon completion of this qualification, students are awarded a CACHE Level 4 Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
The CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges is a knowledge and skills based qualification. You therefore must have a job or voluntary placement in a school or college environment in order to complete this course. The course is assessed by both knowledge based written assignments, practical tasks (which are witnessed by a colleague) and a final project.
To pass this course learners must pass 4 written assignments, 1 project and 3 practical assignments. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
Included in this CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges course are the following units:
Unit 1 – Enabling individuals to learn
- Learning Outcome 1 – Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Advanced Practitioner
- Learning Outcome 2 – Understand the statutory educational frameworks in own UK home nation
- Learning Outcome 3 – Understand the influence of the environment on learning in schools and colleges
- Learning Outcome 4 – Understand monitoring and assessment in own school or college
Unit 2 – Understanding how to support children and young people to improve their mental health and well being
- Learning Outcome 1 – Understand mental health and well- being in children and young people
- Learning Outcome 2 – Understand the current legislation in relation to children and young people’s mental health in own UK home nation
- Learning Outcome 3 – Understand how to support mental health and well- being of children and young people in schools and colleges
Unit 3 – Working with others to support individuals with additional needs and disability in a school or college setting
- Learning Outcome 1 – Understand current frameworks for inclusive practice
- Learning Outcome 2 – Understand provision related to children, young people and/or adults’ additional needs
- Learning Outcome 3 – Understand the role and responsibilities of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
- Learning Outcome 4 – Understand factors which affect families who are caring for children, young people and/or adults with special educational needs or disabilities
- Learning Outcome 5 – Understand own setting’s policies and procedures to support children, young people and/or adults with special educational needs or disabilities
Unit 4 – Working with families and other professionals in a school or college setting
- Learning Outcome 1 – Understand requirements for partnership working in schools or colleges
- Learning Outcome 2 – Understand the diverse needs of families and how these are addressed
Unit 5 – Implementing change in school or college setting
- Learning Outcome 1 – Be able to plan a research project
- Learning Outcome 2 – Be able to undertake a review of practice in own setting
- Learning Outcome 3 – Be able to understand how to present findings to others
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!