About this Course
Studying for this Child Psychology Level 3 course will give you a great insight into how a child’s mind works and develops into their teenage years. The course is perfect for those working with children in many different positions including counsellors, therapists and childcare practitioners.
|Study Time:||100 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
Upon completion of this qualification students are awarded an ABC Awards certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To gain this Child Psychology Level 3 qualification you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are six assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
This course covers:
Unit 1: An introduction to child psychology
- Introduction to childhood
- A history of childhood education
- Branches of psychology
- History of psychology
- Alternate approaches to psychology
- Ways of researching
- Working with children
Unit 2: Cognitive development
- Language basics
- The stages of cognitive development
- Using language in child psychology
- Forming logic
- Steps in the perceptual process
- Piaget’s theory
- Socialisation in children
Unit 3: Relationships and attachment
- Versions of attachment
- Different types of attachment
- Disruption of attachment
- Nature and nurture
- Natural behaviour
- John Bowlby
- Early relationships
Unit 4: Cognition and memory
- Memory processes
- Short-term memory
- Long-term memory
- Memory and learning
- Stimulating memory
- How a child’s mind works
- A child’s perception
- Child psychology in context
Unit 5: Emotional changes
- Learning theories
- Cognitive priming
- Kohlberg’s perspective
- Stages and levels of moral development
- Eisenberg’s theory
- Developing emotions
Unit 6: Development into adolescence
- Adolescence theories
- Changes into adolescence
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.