About this Course
To stand out as an increasingly valuable member of a Web or marketing team, you need a working knowledge of e-commerce standards. The E-Commerce Specialist course is for the individual who already understands the foundations of Web technologies and wants to become proficient in e-commerce practices and site design.
|Study Time:||140 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
Upon completion of this qualification, students are awarded an OLC Diploma and students can apply for the CIW Level 4 E-Commerce Specialist examination.
This qualification has been developed by CIW to teach students the skills required for a career in web design and IT. CIW have a strong reputation for providing quality course materials and certification to professionals in many different countries.
The examination for this course must be taken at an approved CIW centre and is marked out of a possible 72. The examination is 75 minutes in length and students must achieve a grade of 68% or more in order to pass. Exam ID: 1D0-525
Qualification code M/502/8993
Students on this qualification are sent all of the materials needed and are also granted access to the CIW online learning system. Students are able to access their course materials at any time and the qualification includes the following:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Online exercises and materials
- Virtual labs, study books and online exercises
The CIW E-Commerce Specialist course has been designed to be completed through an award winning learning platform which grants students access to all of the learning materials and resources required prior to taking the examination. Because of the nature of this learning platform, full tutor support is not required but students so have 24/7 contact to technical support should they require any help.
On this course our usual 14 day refund policy applies if you do not access the course. As soon as the course has been accessed (the student has logged in) no refund can be offered to the student even if they are within the 14 day period.
This course assesses the following topics:
- Electronic Commerce Foundations
- Law and the Internet
- Web Marketing Goals
- Online Product Promotion
- Site Usability
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and E- Services
- Business-to-Business Frameworks
- E-Commerce Site Creation Packages- Outsourcing
- E-Commerce Site Creation Software
- Site Development Software Implementation
- E-Commerce Site Development Using Commerce Server
- Creating an Online Catalog
- Inventory Control and Order Processing
- Payment Gateways
- E-Service Implementation and Support
- Transaction and Web Site Security
- E-Learning Solutions
- Site Management and Performance Testing
The E-Commerce Specialist course prepares candidates to take the CIW E-Commerce Specialist exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW E-Commerce Specialist certification. Candidates who also pass the CIW Web Design Specialist exam earn the advanced CIW Web Design Professional certification. CIW courses are examined in either a Pearson VUE or Prometric test centre and candidates must apply for their examinations and pay the necessary fee of £90 to sit the test.
Pearson VUE: Candidates can register themselves for examinations with Pearson VUE at the following page: www.pearsonvue.com/CIW
Prometric: Candidates can register themselves for examinations with Pearson VUE at the following page: www.prometric.com/CIW