About this Course
This Dog Groomer Level 3 course has been specifically designed to give students the knowledge and understanding of the techniques used by dog grooming experts. With this qualification you will learn the skills needed to start as a groomer or simply care for your own dog from home.
|Study Time:||100 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
Upon completion of this qualification students are awarded an ABC Awards certificate and an OLC certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To gain this Dog Groomer Level 3 qualification you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are six assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
This course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: The Role of the Dog Groomer
- Appreciate the reasons why dogs must be groomed
- Identify different types of dog grooming businesses and methods
- Understand what personal attributes are required by a dog groomer
- Describe various equipment that is used by dog groomers on a daily basis
Unit 2: Obedience
- Understand how to train dogs for grooming
- Explain how to correct any negative behaviour
- Spot different moods within a dog and react to these appropriately
- How to work with awkward customers
- How to restrain dogs safely and what equipment is needed to do this
Unit 3: Brushing and Bathing
- Understand the variety of different brushes and combs available and which are suitable for various types of coats
- Describe the de-shedding process and how to remove dead hair from pets
- Carry out bathing, shampooing and conditioning to ensure that a dog’s coat is completely clean
- Carry out a variety of other treatments like clipping nails, cleaning eyes and ears and brushing a dog’s teeth
Unit 4: Coat Types and Trimming
- Understand different coat types which come with different breeds of dogs
- Explain how to deal with light and heavy shedders and what this means
- Appreciate that not all dogs require show quality trims and how to provide both show and functional trims
- Understand how to dematt and deal with tangle hair
- Recognise various breed standard trims and how to create these
Unit 5: Grooming Considerations
- Explain specific requirements when grooming puppies or older dogs
- Understand how to work with ill or disabled dogs and ensure you can do this effectively
- Understand what to do in the case of accidents and injuries to a dog
- Understand what to do in the case of an accident that affects you and how to reduce risk in the work place
Unit 6: Launching a Dog Grooming Business
- Understand key characteristics required to be a successful dog groomer
- Analyse how you can provide quality customer service to clients and be reliable on the job
- Describe ways to market your business and how to attract new clients
- Understand what information is required for your business to register through HMRC
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!