About this Course
When you are an educator, you need to understand the psychology of the methods you employ and the way in which your students learn. This course aims to teach the underpinning psychology of how people learn and improve how you work with people of all ages in teaching.
|Study Time:||100 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
Upon completion of this course, students receive an ABC Awards Level 3 certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To complete this Educational Psychology Level 3 course you will need to submit and pass all of the tutor marked assignments. There are 6 assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
There is no formal exam and the certification fee is included in the course fees.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our courses- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
This course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: Measuring educational performance
- What makes children learn at different rates?
- How children’s intelligence is measured
- Explanations for bias in testing
Unit 2: How children learn
- How children process information
- Short and long term memory
- Environmental effects on learning
- Behaviourist, cognitive and humanist approaches
Unit 3: Special educational needs
- An overview of SEND
- Different approaches to working with SEND children
- Difficulties that may be encountered
- Dyslexia and autism
Unit 4: Motivating learners
- Motivational methods
- Psychological, cognitive and humanistic approaches
- Attribution theory
Unit 5: Tackling disruptions
- Disruptive behaviour in the classroom
- The effects of disruptions on learning
- Dealing with disruptions
- Tacking procrastination
Unit 6: Enabling environments
- Classroom layouts
- The effects of various features within the classroom
- How to create better environments for learning
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.