About this GCSE Mathematics Course
This course is designed to teach and prepare you for the Edexcel GCSE Mathematics course specification 1MA1 which teaches students about the Mathematics skills used in everyday life. The course teaches students to develop their range of mathematical skills and develop techniques in order to solve problems in mathematics. Covering Number, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics, the GCSE Mathematics course is great for learning the entire course syllabus and training ready for your examination.
|Study Time:||120 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
To get the full Edexcel GCSE, students must enter themselves as a private candidate for the exam. You can learn all about this process by visiting our GCSE exam guide page.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
Included in this course are the following units:
- Ratio, proportion and rate of change
- Geometry and measures
This course prepare you to sit the Edexcel Mathematics GCSE specification 1MA1 which is assessed by 3 written papers in May/June each year. By enrolling on the Mathematics GCSE with Online Learning College, students will be able to work through a variety of lessons, assignments and mock examinations to get ready for their Edexcel exam.
GCSEs are qualifications that are undertaken in the UK and internationally to show a level of achievement at a high standard. This course is a GCSE Mathematics qualification and is awarded through Edexcel, which is a subsidiary of the largest awarding body in the UK- Pearson. Edexcel GCSEs and A Levels are taught in schools throughout the UK and overseas and are seen as being one of the most recognisable and robust standards of education in the world. You can find the Edexcel specification for this GCSE Mathematics course on their website by clicking here.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
On this GCSE Mathematics course you are required to enter yourself for the Edexcel examinations. This means that you will need to contact an Edexcel centre local to you in order to sit your exam and pay any fees that are required for this. Exam fees can vary between centres but are much cheaper when organised early so we advise to book your exams long before the actual examination date.