About this GCSE Psychology Course
Throughout this GCSE Psychology course students will become acquainted with a variety of different units including social, criminal and developmental psychology. This course is perfect for anyone looking to achieve a GCSE in Psychology to enhance their knowledge of a complex and interesting subject and gain an internationally recognised qualification.
|Study Time:||120 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
To get the full Edexcel GCSE, students must enter themselves as a private candidate for the exam. You can learn all about this process by visiting our GCSE exam guide page.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
On this GCSE Psychology course you are required to enter yourself for the Edexcel examinations. This means that you will need to contact an Edexcel centre local to you in order to sit your exam and pay any fees that are required for this. Exam fees can vary between centres but are much cheaper when organised early so we advise to book your exams long before the actual examination date.
Included in this GCSE Psychology course are the following units:
Topic 1: Development – How did you develop?
Topic 2: Memory – How does your memory work?
Topic 3: Psychological problems – How would psychological problems affect you?
Topic 4: The brain and neuropsychology – How does your brain affect you?
Topic 5: Social influence – How do others affect you?
Topic 6: Criminal psychology – Why do people become criminals?
Topic 7: The self – What makes you who you are?
Topic 8: Perception – How do you interpret the world around you?
Topic 9: Sleep and dreaming – Why do you need to sleep and dream?
Topic 10: Language, thought and communication – How do you communicate with others?
Topic 11: Research methods – How do you carry out psychological research?
The Edexcel GCSE Psychology qualification is available both in the UK and internationally and is seen as a global standard for knowledge in business. The course is accredited with Edexcel, an industry leader with decades of expertise in academic qualifications.
For more information regarding Edexcel, click on the Edexcel tab further up this page.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.