About this Course
The course with the Online Learning College is designed to teach the necessary skills that are required to be a make-up artist and set up your own business as a self-employed make-up artist working in different sectors. On this course you will learn and develop the necessary skills to work with clients and produce make-up and cosmetic effects which are sued in various different sectors including theatre, photography and retail.
|Study Time:||100 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
Upon completion of this course students receive an ABC Awards certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To complete this Make-up Artist Level 3 course you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are six assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
This course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: Skin Structure, Anatomy and Physiology
- Understand the anatomy of the skin
- Appreciate the different jobs which the skin carries out and how this helps to regulate the body
- Be able to identify certain skin diseases and inflictions that are most common
- Describe skin pigmentation abnormalities
- Understand the function of the heart and blood in the body
Unit 2: Cosmetic Treatments
- Understand client consultations and why these are required
- Analyse the skin and spot various factors which must be considered prior to the application of make-up
- Understand the correct routine required when preparing the face for make-up and cleansing the skin
- Describe different products and techniques used when camouflaging areas of the skin
Unit 3: Make-up design and special effects
- Understand various types of make-up and the correct application of these
- Understand particular requirements of make-up that is used on the eyes and mouth
- Appreciate the use of body make-up and when this is required
- Briefly describe the use of make-up when working with brides and what they may require
Unit 4: Eyelash and Eyebrow treatments
- Shape eyebrows into the desire effect for a client
- Tint eyebrows
- Tint eye lashes
- Apply false eyelashes in both strip and individual forms
Unit 5: Health and Safety
- Understand health and safety requirements and legislation that is in place
- Follow appropriate steps to minimise risk
- Maintain equipment safely and take necessary steps to ensure the safety of your clients
- Understand the sterilisation procedures needed when working as a makeup artist
Unit 6: Business Skills and Careers
- Identify ways for make-up artists to find work
- Understand the many different areas where make-up is used and the need for this profession in different industries
- Evaluate methods of marketing yourself and your brand ready to attract new clients
- Sum up the necessary skills and business acumen that is required to work for yourself as a self-employed make-up artist
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our courses- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!