About this Course
This course is specifically designed to give a good overview of the knowledge required to start a career as a nail technician and the different techniques that this job role requires. The units are tailored to those who wish to not only learn practical skills but people who wish to one day launch their own business or set up a nail salon.
|Study Time:||100 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
Upon completion of this course students receive an ABC Awards certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To complete this Nail Technician Level 3 course you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are seven assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 7 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
This course assesses the following units:
The Anatomy of the Skin and Nails
- Understand the anatomy of the skin
- Appreciate the different jobs which the skin carries out and how this helps to regulate the body
- Be able to identify certain skin diseases and inflictions that are most common
- Understand the bone structure of the hands and feet
- Describe the structures of nails and the different areas which you, as a nail technician, will need to care for
- Describe symptoms of various abnormalities including carpal tunnel syndrome
- Understand the main reasons for discolouration of nails
Manicures and Pedicures
- Describe key aspects of manicures and pedicures
- Understand how to perform manicures and pedicures
- Identify correct procedures when performing manicures and pedicures
- Understand how to communicate with clients so that they feel valued
- Understand the growth of the nail and different conditions that can affect nails
- Identify different treatable and untreatable conditions
- Understand what is meant by nail enhancements
- Understand the different types of tips which can be added to nails
- How to prepare and apply nail tips to clients
- Know the different molecules that are at work
- Know how to apply nail tips in a step by step process
- Understand the different types of overlays which can be added to nails
- How to prepare and apply nail tips to clients specifications
- The different molecules that are at work
- Know how to apply nail tips in a step by step process
Health and Safety
- Understand the requirements of working day to day in a nail salon and keeping up with the health and hygiene requirements
- Understand how to properly sterilise equipment so that it is sanitary
- Describe the various needs when working in a salon to keep the area clean and minimise the spread of bacteria
- Correctly dispose of waste materials and chemicals
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our courses- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!