About this Course
Through this course with the Online Learning College you can learn the skills and knowledge required to help you to launch your own career working for yourself. The course is specifically designed to help you to understand the requirements and necessary skills to run your own business and start an exciting new path towards financial independence.
|Study Time:||100 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
Upon completion of this course students receive an ABC Awards certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To complete this Start Your Own Business Level 3 course you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are six assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
This course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: First steps
- Identify the necessary personal skills needed to start and run a business successfully
- Understand the need for market research and identifying your competitors
- Understand basic financial planning, sales and profits
- Understand the need for data protection which every business must abide by
Unit 2: Communication and Customers
- Understand internal communication within an organisation
- Identify the methods of communicating with people externally from the business
- Identify various tools of communication that can be used within a business
- Understand various feedback methods including asking for reviews through face-to-face and online methods
- Work closely with employees and be able to give feedback and praise to improve performance
Unit 3: Marketing your business
- Identify the balance between competitive pricing and quality when marketing products
- Understand the need for great customer service and how this can be encouraged throughout your organisation
- Fully understand various types of advertising and marketing possibilities for various industries
Unit 4: Finance
- Understand ways of generating finance to launch a new business
- Be able to understand the requirements of setting up a new company and operating within the requirements needed for financial security
- Understand cash flow
- Be able to produce basic financial accounts
Unit 5: Employing staff
- Understand what job roles employing may be employed to carry out
- Be able to carry out interviews and work through the entire interview process with candidates
- Explain delegation and various techniques used to motivate staff
- Identify different training needs and methods that help to make your workforce a strong unit
Unit 6: Developing a business plan
- Understand the need for a business plan
- Identify all of the requirements of a business plan and what is to be included
- Outline financial information that is to be projected when planning a new business
- Appreciate the need for margins of error to be incorporated
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our courses- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!