About this Course
Choosing to study our Understanding Substance Misuse RQF qualification can provide you with a level of understanding and comprehension that is easily transferrable into personal, voluntary and professional settings.
This learning programme is particularly beneficial to those working directly/regularly with individuals dealing with alcohol and drug misuse problems; as it is mapped to the Drugs and Alcohol National Occupational Standards – as well as the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework – and can easily support you on your journey to achieving your DANOS competences.
From recognising indications of substance misuse (and how to refer individuals to specialists), to being able to assess and act upon immediate risks of danger; by the end of this course you will be able to raise awareness about substances, their use and their effects, and will also be able to use this information to protect those in your care.
Similarly, the information taught on this course can instantly improve your care techniques and methods – especially when dealing with young and vulnerable people – as you’ll be more in tune with their emotional responses, reactions and needs.
You will even be able to carry out assessments to identify and prioritise needs, ensuring a better quality of life for all.
|Study Time:||160 hours|
|Enrolment length:||12 months|
|Entry Requirements:||None Specific|
From the moment you register onto our course, you will be given immediate access to online campus (through the use of your own personal login and password). This portal is accessible 24 hours a day, meaning you can easily view all of your course materials, guides, lesson plans, resources and assignments at all hours of the day, and can do so on your own terms. Morning, afternoon or night, you can choose when, where and how you want to study and can benefit from having immediate access to everything you need.
Our messaging systems, similarly make it possible for you to reach out to your personal tutor whenever you need assistance.
Within this online portal you can benefit from:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
This course is assessed based on the following three units:
- Unit 1: Understanding Drug Use: Facts, Effects, Symptoms and Attitudes
- Unit 2: Understanding Responses to Substance Misuse: Legislation, Harm Reduction and Interventions
- Unit 3: Understanding Alcohol and Drug Use in Young People
Alongside the easy accessibility of our course manuals, resources and guides (located within online campus); upon enrolling you will also receive your very own personal tutor, whose years of experience can help to inform, guide and enhance your studies.
All of our tutors are experts in their field, and are always on hand – thanks to our integrated chat feature – to answer your queries or concerns should you ever need advice. From helping you to decipher your course materials, to offering tips on the best ways to improve your grades; at a click of a button you can get the answers you need when you need them.
All of our courses are designed to give our learners the flexibility to learn in their own time, at their own pace and free from the pressure of deadlines, stress and having to deal with work obligations.
No matter your study preferences, you can mould our 12 month course to fit around your current work commitments, and achieve a work-study balance that is right for you.
Should you find at the end of these 12 months that you need more time, you can easily extend your enrolment by 30 days (for a fee of £60).
In addition, we offer a 14 day money back guarantee on all of our qualifications; however, we are confident that you’ll love studying with us.
To gain this Level 3 RQF qualification, you will need to complete a series of tutor marked assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your tutor for marking, whereupon they will provide you with valuable advice and feedback.
Training Qualifications UK are one of the newest and most dynamic awarding organisations in the industry thanks to their fresh approach and excellent services. All of their courses are designed by leading professionals and are delivered with integrity and compliance in mind. TQUK apply rigorous quality assurance controls and procedures to all of their courses, and are committed to achieving the highest standard of customer service, qualification delivery and assessment.
The TQUK are approved by Ofqual and provide RQF courses for a number of industry sectors.